The opinion of Ofsted – September 2009:
“This is an outstanding sixth form and increasing numbers of students choose to continue their education in the school.”
“Due to the outstanding teaching, students learn very well and make rapid progress during their time in school.”
“Overall, the students’ personal development is outstanding. They enjoy school, behave in an exemplary manner and make an excellent contribution to the school and wider community.”
“The leadership and management of the sixth form are outstanding.”
Wrenn Sixth Form
There are several schools and colleges that you can go to in Wellingborough and district if you want to do post-16 Level 3 courses. So why should you consider Wrenn as your first choice option?
- Wrenn School Sixth Form will help you to gain excellent results.
- Wrenn Sixth Form teachers are experts in their subjects. They are willing to work with you and treat you as an individual.
- You are assigned to a tutor group and see your tutor every day. S/he gets to know you really well and is ready to offer help and support when you need it.
- Wrenn School Sixth Form aim to help you develop a wide variety of knowledge and skills so that you can approach adult life with confidence.
Wrenn School Sixth Form offers:
- Courses to suit students with a wide range of interests, talents and abilities.
- The chance to select courses that you know you are good at, or new courses you have a particular interest in, as well as choosing courses which might be vocational; that is, courses which are linked to a particular career.
- Quality teaching, support and guidance to ensure that you achieve success enabling you to leave fully equipped for Further or Higher Education or employment.
- The opportunity to take increasing responsibility for your own learning, develop new skills and qualities of leadership.
- The chance to be part of a vibrant community, in some ways different to the rest of the school, with a wide variety of extra-curricular and social activities.
- Regular feedback on your progress through parents’ evenings and regular reports. Form tutors will help you review your progress and to set targets for further improvement
The Sixth Form has its own area within the school (on Broadway site) which has facilities for study as well as for use at break, lunchtime and after school. Computers are available exclusively for Sixth Form use during the whole of school day, as well as literature and information about Higher Education and Careers. The Study Room is also available as a common room area outside of lesson times. Students take a great deal of responsibility for maintaining the quality of this accommodation; it is their area and they are expected to treat it with respect. The Head of Sixth Form has an office in this area and is always available to help and support students.
So what do we ask from you?
- That you attend every day between 8.45am and 3.05pm.
- That you choose a suitable full-time programme.
- That you will go to all timetabled lessons.
- That, should you wish to change your subject programme, you will negotiate with relevant staff and your parents.
- That you will keep us informed of any difficulties that may affect your work.
- That you will wear suitable ‘office’ clothing.
- That you will give up one study session to offer volunteer help somewhere.
- That you always do your best.
We want your time in our Sixth Form to be the best time of your life so far and will do all we can to ensure this. However, you also have a responsibility for the achievement of this aim; if you join our Sixth Form you are making a commitment to work hard and to make a positive contribution to our community.
Sixth Form Activities
There is a Sixth Form Council which helps to shape life in the Sixth Form alongside the work of the Heads of School. It can put forward ideas which represent the views of the students and can organise a whole range of activities including social and charity events. During the year, students have the opportunity to take part in a range of university trips, cultural visits, charity events, workshops and social activities. We expect students to take a full part in these activities which encourage team-work and commitment and help to make the Sixth Form at Wrenn School a vibrant and positive experience.