Wrenn Academy prides itself on its working ethos and we believe uniform to be part of that ethos. All pupils are required to wear the appropriate academy uniform. The uniform has been selected to be practical, simple to launder and suitable for all pockets and is obtainable from the academy suppliers as well as a number of other suppliers.
The uniform for Years 7 – 11 is:
- Black academy Blazer, sleeves rolled down (with school badge)
- White shirt, neatly tucked in, top button fastened
- Smart black tailored style trousers, (Jeans and tight fitting leggings are not appropriate)
- Girls may wear black skirts if they wish, but should be at least to the knee in length
- Black socks
- Smart black leather shoes (not boots or trainers)
- Academy tie
- A V-neck jumper may also be worn under the blazer and should be black in colour
Please ensure that all items of uniform are clearly marked with the student’s name.
Smart dress and a well-groomed personal appearance are required and we do not allow extremes of fashion, for example, unnatural hair styles and colours, and unnatural coloured makeup. The wearing of jewellery other than a watch is restricted to a single stud in each ear. No facial piercings of any sort are allowed in school. Breaches of uniform will result in students being sent home to change. Flagrant breaches such as changes of hair colour or piercings will be actioned via the academy’s behaviour for learning protocol.
The vast majority of the academy uniform (except tie and blazer badge) can be purchased from a range of suppliers; however we work closely with local companies who provide good quality uniform at competitive prices.
‘SchoolTrends’ (www.uniformshopwellingborough.co.uk) stock the full range of uniform required by Wrenn Academy, and also provide the blazer badge and tie. Uniform from SchoolTrends can be ordered directly from their website or from their new store in Wellingborough, where collections can also be made – for details on this service please click here.
“School Uniform Update – Order your school uniform at schooltrends.co.uk by 9th August to give us enough time to get your order to you before your first day back in September. On receipt of your uniform please let your child try it on, then label it and put it away ready for next term. School Trends quality uniform is grown out before worn out“
The Academy always tries to balance the financial pressures that some parents face with the need for students to be dressed appropriately for sporting activities. As a result we have provided students and parents with a range of options for the purchase of PE kit.
Wrenn PE kit options:
- Wrenn logoed fitted polo shirt
- Wrenn logoed straight fit polo shirt
- Wrenn logoed long sleeved rugby style top
- Wrenn logoed long sleeved sweatshirt
(A minimum of one of the above items has to be purchased; there is no requirement to purchase all four items)
- Wrenn logoed skort
- Wrenn Logoed shorts
(One of the items above should also be purchased)
Non logoed items
- Plain navy blue football/hockey socks
- Plain navy blue straight leg tracksuit bottoms
- Mouth guard / gum shield
- Shin Pads
- Football boots (boys)
- Skins – plain navy blue
Astro style football/hockey shoes
The Wrenn PE Kit