The Academy accepts a number of students who have English as an Additional Language (EAL). Depending on their level of English the department provides students with a range of support and help including:
- Small group lessons in English for pupils who are at the early stage of English Language acquisition.
- Supporting pupils at all stages of language development across the curriculum, by working collaboratively with class teachers.
- Working with pupils at examination level to help achieve good grades.
- Supporting pupils in all aspects of school life in order that they may achieve their full potential both academically and socially.
- Acting in a pastoral capacity to deal with any problems and arranging home / school liaison where necessary.
- Fostering awareness and understanding of other cultures
- Promoting a multicultural ethos throughout the school.
- Arranging external examinations in pupils’ mother-tongue
- IGCSE in English as a second language (Years 10 and 11)
If you feel that your son/daughter has specific language needs, please contact Ms Johnson the Head of Department: email@example.com