Royal British Legion & Wrenn School

27.04.14.

Royal British Legion with Wrenn School – Written by Andrew

When I discovered that Wrenn School will have the honour of being associated with the Royal British Legion, I was amazed that our secondary school in particular would be able to connect with the Royal British Legion. I also felt extremely proud of the fact that the mayor himself was able to award Wrenn School the ability for our generation to be able to support previous generations which in some cases is forgotten because of the age differences. As well as this I feel pleased of the fact that Wrenn School’s association with the Royal British Legion may increase awareness of the charity and may increase donations which will be made towards the charity. I am glad of the fact that we have associated with the Royal British Legion because it means that we will be supporting the elderly in our local area and the fact that many students who attend Wrenn School will be able to relate to the charity personally through their families. Overall I feel extremely privileged that Wrenn School has the opportunity to work with the Royal British Legion as many secondary schools cannot say that they are associated with the Royal British Region. As well as this the Royal British Legion also supports those who have been in recent wars such as Afghanistan and their families. We received the honour of being tied with the Royal British Legion because of the amount of community work which we took part in.

I interviewed a member of staff on her thoughts about our connection with the Royal British Legion: ‘I am very glad of the fact that we were able to connect to the Royal British Legion not only because of the honour of being the only secondary school in the country which is connected with the Royal British Legion, but also because it will offer us a valuable opportunity to broaden our student’s knowledge and awareness of war and it’s side effects.  Another aspect of the Royal British Legion is the fact that if we had not won during the world wars, what would life be like now?  I believe that now that we are connected with the Royal British Legion , many other charities may notice us as last year we created the idea of ‘Stitch  up cancer’ which has now gone nationwide as an opportunity to raise money for Cancer Research. Mrs Mallett and Mrs Sharpe are currently trying to think of new ways of raising money for the charities and supporting our community’.

For now though, we will just have to wait and see what other ways we will be able to raise  money for charities, but you can be sure that you will be hearing more from us soon.